Slice yourself a piece of cake, pour some coffee, and join us online to find out all about Stagetext and how we’re making events accessible during the lockdown.
Are you missing out on seeing theatre shows, museum tours, or talks? We’re inviting you to join us and discover how you can watch shows and attend talks by watching them online with captions and subtitles.
Hear from long time subtitle users about their experience watching plays and talks online, find out what shows are available to you, and discover how we have been making all types of events accessible during the lockdown.
We’ll also introduce you how captions and subtitles work in venues, and show you what events are available once theatres, museums, and galleries are once again open to the public.
Wednesday 24 Feb | 6:30pm
Deepa Shastri, Stagetext’s Project Manager, invites you to join her chat with Stagetext’s CEO, Melanie Sharpe, and long time subtitle user Nigel Smith. Find out more
Who is this event for?
Everyone is welcome to join us for a chat and discover more about our work, but this specific event is for:
- Anyone who is 50+ and wants to discover what online events are available
- Anyone who has sat in a theatre, lecture or talk and couldn’t hear it well enough to enjoy what was going on?
- People new to using subtitles and captions
- Long term access users who want to find new places to see shows
- Anyone wanting to join a community of arts lovers watching shows
- Care homes or activities organisers for 50+ looking for new activities to enjoy
Access and How it Works
Sign up using your name and email address, and we’ll send you a link to our online event.
We’ll be using Zoom (video conferencing software) on the day. You won’t need to install any extra software to join you can do it all through a web browser and you can find out more about how it works here: https://zoom.us/
On the day, our event will be live subtitled and BSL interpretation will also be available for everyone.