Ten Billion (Speech-to-text transcription)
Genre: Play with live speech-to-text
Scientist Stephen Emmott collaborates with theatre director Katie Mitchell in an exploration of the future of life on Earth.
By the end of this century, the human population is likely to be over ten billion. Just 25 years ago, it was less than five billion. How are the choices we’re making as a species impacting upon our environment? And how will the sheer force of numbers affect the way we live in the future?
Stephen Emmott and Katie Mitchell deliver a new kind of scientific lecture, highlighting key issues being lost in translation in our discussion of the environment.
Ten Billion paints a vivid portrait of a species with its head in the sand.
Event detailsWed 8 Aug 2012, 6:45pm
Speech-to-text Transcription by STAGETEXT
Royal Court Theatre
Other events at Royal Court Theatre
- Wed 5 Jun 2013, 7:45pm: The Victorian in the Wall
- Sat 15 Jun 2013, 3:30pm: The President Has Come to See You
- Sat 22 Jun 2013, 3:30pm: Death Tax
- Sat 29 Jun 2013, 3:30pm: Pigeons
- Sat 6 Jul 2013, 3:30pm: Mint
- Sat 13 Jul 2013, 3:30pm: Untitled Matriarch Play (or Seven Sisters)
- Fri 19 Jul 2013, 8:00pm: Talk Show
What's on next?
The Winslow Boy (Clwyd)
25th May 2013
Clwyd Theatr Cymru, Mold