An estimated 10 million people in the UK have some degree of deafness. Deaf, deafened and hard of hearing people use different kinds of communication depending on their degree of deafness and personal preferences. These includes lipreading, speech-to-text transcription, sign language and hearing aids.
Captioned performances are particularly helpful for
- Deaf, deafened and hard of hearing people who want to access plays in English
- People whose hearing is not as sharp as it used to be
- Anyone who had difficulty following strong accents
- Students who are studying the text of a play
- People whose first language is not English
What's on next?
23rd May 2013
Oxford Playhouse, Oxford